VP of Land Development
Southeastern Building Corporation (“SBC”) is seeking a Vice President of Land Development to replace a transitioning team member and support its ongoing and future growth.
SBC is a regional homebuilder and residential/commercial developer in Middle Tennessee. We are a privately owned firm driven to create new communities and commercial developments that are inviting and reflective of local amenities and community characteristics. The firm maintains multiple residential communities and commercial developments in its private portfolio. Our local team of seasoned professionals excel in deriving additional value from experienced planning and execution of acquisitions as well as new projects that are organically designed, programmed, and executed. We believe that contributing, well thought out developments and reinventing existing projects create long-term value for the community as well as the firm.
The Vice President of Land Development will be responsible for managing all aspects of the land development process including site design, construction, and site management with various staff. The position will assist in the land acquisition, due diligence, underwriting and preparation of investment memorandums. The role will interface directly with a variety of groups within the firm including Executive, Finance/Asset Management, Operations/Marketing and Construction.
- Oversee the Entitlement, Development, Delivery and Maintenance of Residential Subdivisions.
- Prepare development timelines and schedules for master planning, document preparation, and development and administer a tracking system for all phases of the development of all projects.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for acquisition, entitlement, development, and delivery of projects within approved metrics.
- Maintain current records of all site plan approvals, approved graphics, and engineering plans, permits, etc., per project.
- Identify, hire, and coordinate Civil, Environmental, Surveying, and other required consultants needed to prepare entitlement documents and construction.
- Oversee preparation of CD’s to ensure design is efficient, cost effective, on target with project goals. Plans should be clear, concise, and buildable. All scope of construction items must be on the CD’s.
- Manage Submittal schedules, comment responses, and all follow up with governmental entities.
- Attend Planning Commission and City Council meetings to assist other team members in gaining approvals
- Manage Submittal, Revision, and approval process of CD’s to include civil site plans, electric, telephone, cable company plans, and utility district requirements.
- Build project budgets based on design, construction, permitting, utility fees, etc. for all municipalities.
- Act as liaison to all municipalities
- Manage Consultant preparation of all required permits and applications for approval to allow aspects of site construction to occur.
Team Member Characteristics:
SBC is seeking a driven, motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, but disciplined, entrepreneurial environment. The candidate should have construction and development experience with successful job history to support such. This role also requires the following capabilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all team members and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to hold oneself accountable as well as other team members to established schedules, project metrics and deadlines.
- Formulate your own conclusions to convey to upper management for review, discussion, and approval of process.
- High degree of motivation, professionalism, and integrity, driven by a desire for quality outcomes in all situations.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
Team Member Qualifications:
The candidate may have a background in Land Development, Site Work Contracting or Civil Engineering or a combination of any of these.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, real estate, or related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience in real estate development
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and financial modeling experience
- Working Knowledge of CAD and Microsoft Office Suite Software
Advanced degree (MBA)